[Anna F. Sleight] A Drawing Book, 27 cm x 21 cm, containing 20 sketches, inner-lined in a book with 22 leaves, all graphite except one pastel study. Front cover detached. Off-setting of graphite to linings. The sketches are:
- 1. “At Rose’s Grove,” July 27, 1887. A study of a man, with two partial studies of sailboats
- 2. “Pier and Boats at Rose’s Grove,” Wed. July 27, 1887. A study of four boats tied up at the pier.
- 3. A page with two untitled sketches, one of two buildings in a grove of trees and a seascape.
- 4. A study of a black-hulled sailboat riding at anchor, dated Aug. 1, 1887.
- 5. Two sketches: “Fred and John, Aug. 3 1887,” and “A Memory of Block Island.”
- 6. Two studies: “Bound for Block Island” and “The Hat” showing a lady wearing a sun bonnet on deck.
- 7. One study, “Capn Jack,” Aug. 8, 1887.
- 8. “From the Sound Side,” Aug. 10, 1887.
- 9. An unfinished sketch.
- 10. Two untitled sketch portraits of a woman.
- 11. Untitled, a shoreline study with a dinghy up on the shore, dated June 22, 1888.
- 12. A wide-view landscape sketch showing an elevated walkway possibly over a marsh. No date, no title.
- 13. An untitled and undated study of a woman’s hand.
- 14. “Otter Pond Bridge,” dated May 9, 1889.
- 15. A study of a cottage and a shed with a buggy in it, dated May 14, 1889.
- 16. Untitled study of a windmill. From the placement of the windows, it does not resemble the Shelter Island windmill, as it does not have a flagpole.
- 17. Excised
- 18. Blank recto, inverted verso has a mysterious partial sketch of a wooded and hilly shoreline. No date.
- 19. Blank recto, inverted verso sketch of a shoreline house dependent building possibly attached, untitled, dated Aug. 1, 1889.
- 20. Blank, unused.
- 21. A study of a building, possibly another aspect of No. 19. Untitled and undated.
- 22. An untitled and undated study of a barn and lean-to close to water’s edge, possibly drawn from the water.
- 23. A color pastel of a lamp.
24. Blank, unused.